Rice Fits Your Healthy Lifestyle!
It is the most popular grain globally, supplying energy, complex carbohydrates, fiber, essential vitamins and minerals and beneficial antioxidants.
U.S.-Grown Nutrition Benefits
- Is sodium- and cholesterol-free
- Has only a trace of fat and has no trans fats or saturated fats
- Is gluten-free and the least allergenic of all grains
- Is nutrient dense and contributes over 15 vitamins and minerals including folate and
other B-vitamins, iron and zinc
- Brown rice is a 100 percent whole grain. One cup of whole grain brown rice provides two
of the three recommended daily servings of whole grains.
- Has approximately 100 calories per half-cup serving
- Is comprised of complex carbohydrates that are more slowly digested
- Is an energy food, supplying carbohydrates that fuel the body's physical activity
- Triggers the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain that helps regulate and improve mood
For more nutritional information visit the USDA Nutrient Database