Baked Provencal Chicken and Rice Casserole
This healthy and comforting meal is perfect for every family member's taste buds and comes to us from our friend Phoebe Lapine in partnership with USA Rice.
Prep Time10 min
Cook Time45 min
Total Time55 min
- 1 cup U.S. arborio rice
- ½ cup nicoise olives, pitted
- clove garlic, minced
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 4 sprigs of fresh oregano, rosemary
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- sea salt
- 1-pound whole chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Arborio rice, olives, garlic, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, chili flakes, oregano, chicken stock, wine and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Fold the ingredients together until well-mixed. Transfer to a 10-inch oven-proof skillet or a 9 x 13 casserole dish and arrange in an even layer. Nestle the chicken thighs, skin-side up in the rice mixture and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake the casserole for 45 minutes, or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm with a green salad on the side.