Serving Size⅔ cup
- 3 tablespoons oil, vegetable
- 1 pound 4 ounces (1 quart) onion, yellow, minced
- 1 pound 12 ounces (1 quart) carrots, diced
- 15 ounces (3 cups) green pepper, minced
- 3 pounds cooked (1 ¾ quarts dry) brown rice, rinsed
- 15 ounces (3 cups) dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 gallon chicken stock, l0w-fat, reduced sodium, heated
- 1 ¼ cups soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1 pound 2 ounces (3 cups) peas, frozen, thawed
- 4 ounces (2 cups) scallion, minced
- Heat oil in a large rondo over medium-high heat; add onions, carrots and peppers and sauté until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cranberries and heat through, about 1 minute.
- Pour in stock and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to very low, cover the pot tightly and cook for 45 to 60 minutes or until rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed. Remove pot from heat and let rest at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, gently stir in peas and scallions and keep warm.
- To Serve: Scoop/spoodle 2⁄3 cup rice per serving. Serve with grilled vegetables, grilled chicken, or roasted meats, if desired.
- Serving ⅔ cup
- Calories 169
- Total Fat 1.87g
- Saturated Fat 0.30g
- Cholesterol 0.41mg
- Sodium 713.51mg
- Carbohydrates 34.53g
- Dietary Fiber 2.66g
- Protein 3.76g