- ½ pound sweet Italian sausage, crumbled
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium grain rice
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ground white pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Cook shrimp in 2 tablespoons butter until it turns pink. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Cook onion until soft in remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; stir until absorbed.
- Increase heat to medium high; stir in 1 cup broth. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup broth and 3 cups water, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency. It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, pepper, cream, and reserved sausage and shrimp. Stir until mixture is creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Calories 415
- Total Fat 25g
- Cholesterol 93mg
- Sodium 838mg
- Carbohydrates 29g
- Protein 15g