- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14.5-ounce can) Mexican-style or plain diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce can) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce can) pinto or pink beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce can) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen or canned whole-kernel corn, drained
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté green pepper, onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chili powder and cumin; heat 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, beans and corn; stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until beans are tender.
- Serve with rice.
- Calories 290
- Total Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 310mg
- Carbohydrates 55g
- Dietary Fiber 12g
- Protein 11g