Japonica Rice Salad with Roasted Vegetables
This Japonica Rice Salad with Roasted Vegetables recipe with halloumi and a preserved lemon vinaigrette was created by Jill Fergus in partnership with The FeedFeed.
Prep Time15 min
Cook Time40 min
Total Time44 min
- 1 cup black japonica rice
- 1 cup roasted zucchini, seeded (cut lengthwise into four strips, then crosswise in 1”
- 1 cup ½” cubed honey nut squash
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower rosettes
- 4oz halloumi, pan seared until golden on each side
- two ¼ cups olive oil
- leaf parsley, finely chopped
- flaky sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees
- Prepare rice per package or rice cooker instructions. Add a generous pinch of salt and a teaspoon of olive oil to the cooking water.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Separately, toss each vegetable in olive oil and arrange on baking sheet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook in 20 increments, removing each vegetable as it’s cooked to your liking.
- Whisk remaining ¼ cup of olive oil with 2 teaspoon preserved lemon paste (or 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice), chopped parsley, flaky sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Adjust acid to suit your taste.
- When all ingredients have come to room temp or are still slightly warm, toss together and add Vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy!