Mediterranean Eggplant, Artichoke and Feta Rice Salad
"Rev Up Your Rice!" Recipe Contest Finalist- Sharyn Hill
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into ½’ inch slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked long grain white rice, cooled
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped, liquid
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese with basil and tomato
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat broiler. Brush eggplant slices with oil. Broil 4 inches from heat source 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until tender and lightly browned; cool.
- Cut eggplant into 1-inch pieces and place in large bowl. Add rice, artichoke hearts, olives and basil. Combine reserved liquid from artichoke hearts and feta cheese.
- Drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Calories 270
- Total Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 500mg
- Carbohydrates 31g
- Dietary Fiber 5g
- Protein 7g