Mediterranean Pita Sandwich
- 4 pita bread, toasted
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, blistered
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 8 tablespoons hummus
- greek chicken
- yogurt sauce
- 2 chicken thighs, cut in 1
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon sugar, granulated
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup italian parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- to taste black pepper
- to taste salt
Mediterranean Pita Sandwich:
- Cook rice according to package directions. Cool.
- Prepare yogurt sauce and set aside.
- Prepare chicken then combine with yogurt sauce and hold for later use
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and sear chicken in batches until golden on all sides.
- Meanwhile combine olive oil with spices, lemon juice and garlic.
- Toss seared chicken with the aromatic oil and bake at 350F until cooked through (min 165*F).
- Reserve warm for later use.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl, reserve for later use.
Recipe NotesBuild pita sandwiches in the following order:
-Chicken in yogurt sauce