- 3 cups sushi rice, cooked (sub-recipe)
- ¾ cup shiitake mushrooms, finely diced, sautéed
- ¾ cup brown button mushrooms, finely diced, sautéed
- ¾ cup dried wood ear mushrooms, boiled, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon togarashi seasoning
- 6 nori seaweed, ½-inch x 3-inch strip
- 3 cups short grain rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine rice, shiitake mushrooms, brown mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms, and togarashi, mixing to combine.
- Pack ¾ cup rice mixture into a triangle mold, and apply pressure so that the rice holds the shape of the mold. Pop out the onigiri, and wrap nori seaweed strip halfway across one side of the triangle, folding up both sides so that a square of seaweed is visible.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl; combine all ingredients, gently folding to combine thoroughly without breaking the rice grains. Refrigerate until needed.