Savory Rice Waffles
Think rice at brunch with these gluten-free rice waffles!
Serving Size1 waffle
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced dry onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2½ cups cooked long grain rice
- 3.5 oz cooked turkey sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic powder, onion, salt and pepper; stir in rice, sausage, spinach, cheddar, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes.
- Place about ¾ cup (175 mL) of mixture into waffle maker and cook until crispy and golden brown. Whisk together maple and sambal in a small bowl. Serve with waffles.
Recipe NotesLeftover rice from the night before can be re-used and will speed up the dish.
Waffles can be made up to 2 days in advance and reheated in a toaster.
- Serving 1 waffle
- Calories 340
- Total Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 190mg
- Sodium 710mg
- Carbohydrates 40g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 17g