- 3 cups U.S. long grain white rice, cooked
- 3 cups tofu sofritas
- 1 cup guacamole
- 3 tablespoons tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cotija, crumbled
- 16 ounces tofu, extra firm and drained & pressed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, kosher
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 poblanos, roasted & minced
- 3 tablespoons chipotles, minced and in adobo
- 2 hot house tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) can canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- as needed lime juice
- Cook rice and reserve warm.
- Prepare sofritos and hold warm until ready to use (sub-recipe).
- Build bowls in following order:
- In small bowl, combine tofu and spices.
- Heat oil in pan and saute spiced tofu until golden brown.
- Remove tofu and reserve for later use.
- In a blender combine poblanos, chipotles, tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, and garlic, blending until smooth.
- Add mixture to pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add in seared tofu and rinsed beans and cook 15-20 minutes or until beans begin to soften.
- Adjust the seasoning of the Tofu Sofritas as it cooks with lime juice and salt.