Swiss & Asparagus Rice Tart
Looking for a great and tasty way to utilize leftover rice? Look no further than this delicious Swiss & Asparagus Rice Tart!
- 3 cups cooked us white rice
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 4 ounce onion, thinly sliced vertically
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound asparagus spears, ends trimmed and broken into 2 inch pieces
- 6 ounces swiss cheese slices
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the base ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir gently until well blended.
- Place the rice mixture in a 10-inch spring form pan liberally coated with cooking spray. Gently press down bottom and up sides, about ½ inch.
- Bake 10 minutes or until rice mixture is just set. Place on wire rack and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the onions on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle 2 teaspoons of the oil over all and toss to coat. Arrange onions in a single layer. Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Remove from oven, stir in the asparagus and remaining 2 teaspoons oil, toss until well blended, spread asparagus onion mixture into a thin layer, and bake 5-6 minutes or until asparagus is tender crisp.
- Top rice crust with the Swiss cheese, overlapping slices slightly. Arrange the asparagus onion mixture on top. Sprinkle evenly with ½ teaspoon. salt and black pepper. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before removing sides of pan. Slide a flat spatula or butcher knife under crust to remove from base of pan and slide onto cutting board. Cut each into 4-6 wedges.
- Serving 300g
- Calories 420
- Total Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 10g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 95mg
- Sodium 760mg
- Carbohydrates 42g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 21g