A special committee of rice industry and agribusiness leaders evaluate applications, letters of recommendation, as well as conduct personal interviews to determine the five rice producers and two individuals from rice-industry related professions who will make up the Rice Leadership Development Class.
- The application must be filled out and returned to the Leadership Program Selection Committee, postmarked no later than October 5, 2018.
- The major criteria for selection will be the applicant's leadership experience and potential to serve the U.S. rice industry.
- Two letters of recommendation must accompany applications.
- Finalists will be interviewed at the 2018 USA Rice Outlook Conference in San Diego, CA.
- Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply for the program.