Gorgonzola Lemon Rice
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Kelly Mapes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) package Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups lightly-packed spinach leaves
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in cheese and continue to stir frequently until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Stir in cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in rice and heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in spinach just before serving. Garnish with lemon zest.
- Calories 272
- Total Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 44mg
- Sodium 532mg
- Carbohydrates 25g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 7g