Chicken and Rice Alfredo
This no-chop and minimal prep rice recipe will give instant gratification to young impatient chefs. They will love the taste and look of our easy-to-assemble Chicken and Rice Alfredo!
This recipe is part of “The Kids’ Kitchen” series, a collection of approachable recipes that teach children the basics of cooking through the preparation, assembly, and plating of each dish (adults are asked to handle any oven or stovetop instructions).
Serving Size3 oz. chicken, 1 cup rice mix
Prep Time15 min
Cook Time50 min
Total Time1 hr 5 min
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1¾ cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt or to taste, divided use
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 1 pound total
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce or Garlic Alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine rice, water, oil and ½ teaspoon of the salt in an 8-inch by 8-inch (or 1 1/2-quart) baking dish. Stir gently until well blended. Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture, smooth side up, and sprinkle evenly with oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Cover tightly and bake 50 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Remove from oven, spoon or pour Alfredo sauce evenly over all and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and peas. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 4 cups rice mixture.
Recipe NotesTo thaw peas quickly, place in colander and run under cold water for 30 seconds, drain well.
- Serving 3 oz. chicken, 1 cup rice mix
- Calories 510
- Total Fat 21g
- Saturated Fat 8g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 150mg
- Sodium 1040mg
- Carbohydrates 48g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 30g