Everything Bagel Seared Tuna Steak
This dish has it all- everything bagel seasoning, tasty tuna steak, and U.S.-grown rice! The healthy and easy to make bowl will leave your guests both impressed and full. This recipe features U.S.-grown white rice and was developed by our friends at the Seafood Nutrition Partnership.
Serving Size1 plate
Prep Time14 min
Cook Time1 min
Total Time15 min
- 2 cups medium or short grain rice, cooked
- 1-2 medium tuna steaks (sushi grade)
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of everything bagel seasoning
- 1½ tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- ¾ teaspoons sea salt
- optional sauce of sauce of ginger, lime, wasabi, and soy sauce
- optional toppings of jalapenos and leafy greens
- In a flat-bottomed bowl, mix everything seasoning, sesame seeds, coarse black pepper, and sea salt. Set aside and beat 1 egg in a small bowl.
- Pat dry tuna steaks, then coat in egg and dredge in the everything crust mixture.
- Set the coated tuna steaks to the side and in a cast-iron skillet heat 2-3 tablespoons of sesame oil on high/medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, place your tuna steaks in the pan, moving them carefully so that the everything coating stays intact. Cook 30 seconds per side, including the edges.
- Remove from the skillet and slice thinly with a sharp knife, cutting across the grain of the tuna.
- Place over bed of cooked white rice and serve immediately.
- If desired, add sauce combination and top with jalapenos and greens.
Visit the Seafood Nutrition Partnership for more information.