Serving Size¾ cup
- 6 cups brown rice, parboiled, uncooked
- 6 ¼ cups carrots, fresh, sliced or diced
- 6 ¼ cups zucchini, fresh, sliced or diced
- 6 ¼ cups summer squash, yellow, fresh, sliced or diced
- 2 quarts, 1 pint vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- Lightly coat 2 steam table pans with pan release spray. Place 1 lb 4 oz rice into each steam table pan (12” x 20” x 2 ½ “).
- Place 1 pound each of carrots, zucchini and yellow squash in each steam table pan.
Add 5 cups broth, 2 teaspoons garlic, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 tablespoon fresh basil (1 ½ tsp dry basil) to each pan. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Bake, uncovered, until rice is cooked and carrots are tender. Conventional oven: 350°F for 45 minutes. Convection oven: 350°F for 30 minutes. (For convection ovens, partially cover each pan with foil.) *Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135⁰F or higher.
- Portion with 6 fl oz spoodle (¾ cup).
- Serving ¾ cup
- Calories 106
- Total Fat .82g
- Saturated Fat .17g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 31.59mg
- Carbohydrates 22.57g
- Dietary Fiber 1.71g
- Protein 2.58g