Creamy Curry Carrot Soup
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Lisa Renshaw
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Melt butter in large stockpot over medium-high heat. Blend in curry powder and salt, stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Add onion and carrots; saute 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Carefully spoon mixture into blender or food processor. Add 1 can broth to vegetables; blend but don't puree.
- Return mixture to stockpot; add remaining 2 cans broth and rice. Heat over medium-high heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in whipping cream.
- Calories 241
- Total Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 49mg
- Sodium 905mg
- Carbohydrates 23g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 4g