Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this information explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
We will not collect any personal information about you through our Web site unless you provide it to us voluntarily. On some pages, you can ask questions, make requests and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected are: name, address, email address and phone number.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Additionally, if you authorize the USA Rice Federation to contact you, we may use your email address to send you notice of newsletters, recipes, promotions, or other similar events. Information provided by registration may be shared with third parties hired by the USA Rice Federation to manage these programs.
What We Collect and Store Automatically
We collect no personal information about you when you visit our Web site unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, we collect and store certain information automatically. Here is how we handle information about your visit to our Web site.
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Web site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. We use the information we collect to count the number and type of visitors to the different pages on our site to help us make our site more useful to visitors like you.
This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain name (the logical or text name corresponding to the numeric address of a Web site, for example, “xyzcompany.com”) and IP address (a unique number separated by dots that is automatically assigned to the computer enabling you to connect to the Internet) from which you access our Web site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you accessed our site;
- The pages you visited;
- Any files you may have downloaded, such as PDFs;
- If you linked to our Web site from another Web site, the Internet domain name or numeric IP address of that Web site;
- If you came to the site from a search engine, any search phrases or keywords you may have entered as part of your search.