- 1 cup whole blanched almonds, lightly toasted
- ¾ cup flaked coconut
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 3 egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Fresh raspberries
- Frozen non-dairy whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Chop almonds in food processor until finely ground. Add coconut and sugar; process until coconut is finely minced. Add rice; pulse to blend. Add egg whites; pulse to blend.
- Spoon mixture evenly into pans, filling to top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pans on wire rack. Run a sharp knife around each madeleine shell, and gently remove from pan.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until serving time.
- Serve with raspberries and whipped topping.
These almond rice madeleines may be baked and refrigerated up to 2 days before serving.
- Serving 1 cake
- Calories 85
- Total Fat 3g
- Sodium 6mg
- Carbohydrates 13g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Protein 1g