Athenian Rice with Feta Cheese
A classic pilaf is enhanced with red peppers, garlic, red onion, olives, oregano, dried tomatoes and feta cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup dried tomatoes, softened* and cut into julienned strips
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- ½ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add red onion, red bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, olives, parsley and oregano; heat thoroughly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese, lemon juice and black pepper. Stir until well blended. Serve immediately.
Recipe NotesTo soften sun-dried tomatoes, place in ⅓ cup boiling water; stir to coat. Let stand 10 minutes; drain water.
- Calories 204
- Total Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Sodium 612mg
- Carbohydrates 31g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 5g