California Wild Rice & Olive Salad
Enjoy this flavorful Mediteranean-inspired salad featuring California-grown Wild Rice. Perfect for lunch or dinner as a side or main dish!
This recipe was provided by the California Wild Rice Advisory Board in collaboration with California Ripe Olives.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅛ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce pack) wild rice, prepared per package instructions
- 1 (12-ounce jar) roasted red bell peppers. drained and chopped
- 1 (7.5-ounce) jar quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and diced
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup pitted green olives, sliced
- ¼ cup pitted black olives, sliced
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Still whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the prepared wild rice, roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and green onions. Pour the vinaigrette over the top and toss to combine.
- Add the feta cheese and the olives then toss lightly. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.