Creamy Cheesy Chicken Rice Casserole
Serving Size1½ cups
Total Time1 hr
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups us white long grain rice
- 1½ pounds mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 4 cups green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1½ pounds sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Bring broth to a “rolling” boil in a large saucepan.
- Meanwhile, place rice in bottom of a 20x12x4-inch hotel pan. Shake pan to distribute rice evenly over bottom of pan. Top with mushrooms and sprinkle garlic powder, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper evenly over all. Top with the cream cheese, onions, and green and red bell pepper.
- Place pan on oven rack, pour boiling broth evenly over rice mixture, do not stir. Cover tightly with heavy duty foil, making sure edges are sealed and bake 45-55 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from oven.
- Reset oven to broil.
- Sprinkle evenly with the chicken and cheddar cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven, let stand 15 minutes before serving to absorb flavors and for easy serving.
- Cut into 24 squares.
- Serving 1½ cups
- Calories 380
- Total Fat 16g
- Saturated Fat 8g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 90mgmg
- Sodium 860mg
- Carbohydrates 33g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 26g