Fall Wild Rice Pilaf
Fall into fall with this eye-popping recipe! This Fall Wild Rice Pilaf is a gluten-free nutritious grain bowl featuring U.S.-grown Wild Rice and comes to us from our friend Maggie Michalczyk of Once Upon a Pumpkin in partnership with USA Rice.
Prep Time20 min
Cook Time10 min
Total Time30 min
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 delicata squash, seeded and cut into half moons
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- 2½ cup lacinato kale, de-stemmed
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium apple, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the delicata squash, cauliflower, and butternut squash with the avocado oil and salt and pepper. Roast for about 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In the meantime, cook the wild rice according to package directions on the stove or in a rice cooker.
- Prepare the apples, chickpeas and kale. Slightly massaging the kale with a little bit of oil so that it softens. Next, prepare the pumpkin vinaigrette by whisking all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once the rice has cooked and the veggies have roasted, toss everything together, topping with pumpkin seeds and parmesan cheese last followed by the vinaigrette and enjoy!