Fresh Parsley & Mint Rice Salad
Every bite of our nutritious Fresh Parsley and Mint Rice Salad is packed with flavor! This salad is a great way to utilize leftover rice and comes together in just 20 minutes.
This dish is part of the "Meatless Mains in Minutes" recipe series, a collection of hearty vegetarian concepts that take no more than 30 minutes of total cook time.
Serving Size1½ cups
Prep Time20 min
Total Time20 min
- 3 cups cooked chilled rice
- 1½ cups chopped cucumber, preferably English
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint (or one 0.75-ounce pkg.)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic from jar)
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- pinch of dried pepper flakes, optional
- ½ (15-ounce) can navy or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (3.75-ounce) pkg. crumbled reduced-fat or regular feta cheese
- black pepper to taste
- Combine the rice, cucumber, bell pepper, parsley, mint, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in the beans and feta until blended. Sprinkle with black pepper. For peak flavors and texture, serve within 24 hours.
Makes 8 cups total.
Recipe NotesNo cooked rice on hand? Cook 1 cup rice according to package directions and immediately place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray in a thin layer. Let stand 8-10 minutes to cool quickly! (Coating baking sheet prevents the rice from sticking the pan while cooling.)
For a dairy-free salad, replace feta with the full can of beans.
- Serving 1½ cups
- Calories 330
- Total Fat 14g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 850mg
- Carbohydrates 38g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 10g