Greek Garden Rice Salad
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Sharyn Hill
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed), chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 cups medium grain cooked rice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, drained, pitted and halved
- 2 (4-ounce) packages Feta cheese with garlic and herbs, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- Combine sun-dried tomatoes, oil and rice.
- Stir in onion, olives, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add spinach and toss gently to combine.
- Calories 294
- Total Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 33mg
- Sodium 928mg
- Carbohydrates 29g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Protein 9g