Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls
Enjoy this hassle-free and healthy weeknight dinner recipe courtesy of our friend Tawnie Kroll in partnership with USA Rice.
Prep Time15 min
Cook Time17 min
Total Time32 min
- 1½ cup Jasmine rice
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1½ cup water
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional to thicken)
- First make the teriyaki sauce. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic and sriracha. Reserve ¼ cup to add into the Instant Pot in the next step.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons. olive oil down into the Instant Pot. Add in the 2 chicken breasts, ¼ cup of the teriyaki sauce, diced carrots, water (or chicken broth) and jasmine rice.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot, be sure the valve is set to sealing (not venting) and cook on HIGH pressure for 7 minutes. Let the Instant Pot naturally release its pressure for an additional 10 minutes. (Meaning, once the 7 minutes is up you hear your Instant Pot beep, let the time count up for another 10 minutes).
- While the rice, chicken and carrots cook sauté your veggies on the stove over medium heat in a frying pan. Dice the broccoli and bell pepper into bite sized pieces and toss in the snap peas. Cook with 1-2 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce to add some nice flavor. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until broccoli slightly softens and brightens in color.
- You can heat the remaining teriyaki sauce in a small saucepan on the stove and thicken with a cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon. water mixed with 1 tablespoon. cornstarch) and whisk into sauce while simmering to thicken.
- Switch the valve on the lid to venting to release any leftover pressure. Remove the lid. Shred or cube up the chicken and scoop rice into bowls. Top with chicken, veggies and sauce. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy warm
Recipe NotesIf you don’t want to cook the veggies separately, perform the quick release method. Take lid off, place veggies on top of chicken, rice and carrots and then put the lid back on and let the steam in the Instant Pot steam the veggies until tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Calories 323
- Total Fat 5.7g
- Carbohydrates 52.8g
- Protein 17.3g