- ¾ cup white long grain rice
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 ounces chicken thighs, ¼’
- 5 ounces smoked andouille sausage, ¼’
- ¼ cup yellow onion, ¼‘
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, ¼’
- 2 tablespoons celery, peeled, ¼’
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning blend
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1¼ cup chicken stock
- 14 ounces can diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pour canola oil into a medium sauce pot over high heat.
- Add chicken and andouille to the pot and saute over high heat until browned. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and celery to the same pot and saute over medium heat until onions become translucent.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, Cajun seasoning, thyme, cooked chicken thighs, and cooked andouille to the pot and continue to cook over medium heat for 30-45 seconds.
- Add rice, chicken stock, and canned tomato to the pot and bring to a low simmer. Simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spread onto a sheet pan to cool in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat fryer to 350°F.
- Scoop and roll the prepared jambalaya mix into 1.5-2 oz balls.
- Roll each ball in flour, followed by egg, then breadcrumbs. Make sure that each jambalaya ball is fully breaded. Store in the refrigerator until ready to fry.
- Fry arancinis at 350°F for 60-90 seconds or until golden brown.
- Serve with a side of grilled lemon and remoulade sauce for dipping.
For the Remoulade sauce:
- In a medium mixing bowl, fold all ingredients together until fully combined.
- Store in the refrigerator covered until ready to use.