Korean Spam Fried Rice
Serving Size2 cups rice + 1 fried egg
Total Time60 – 90 min
Korean Spam Fried Rice:
- 2 cups U.S.-long grain rice, cooked and chilled
- ½ cup spam, diced 1/2
- ¼ cup yellow onion, diced 1/4
- ¼ cup gochugang soy sauce
- ½ cup sweet corn, grilled & cut from cob
- ½ cup kimchi, chopped
- 6 large egg, over easy
- ¾ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Gochujang Soy Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups soy sauce
- 4 ½ tablespoons gochujang
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 tablespoons ginger
Spam Fried Rice
- Pour canola oil into a wok or large sauté pan over high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, sear the spam pieces.
- Once spam is seared, reduce heat to medium-high and add yellow onion. Cool until onion becomes translucent.
- Add rice to the pan and break apart any large chunks of rice.
- Pour in gochujang soy sauce and fold into rice until the rice is evenly covered in sauce.
- Add in corn and kimchi and cook until all ingredients are hot.
- Serve 2 cups of fried rice topped with 1 fried egg, 2 tablespoons sliced scallions, and a 1 teaspoon drizzle of sesame oil.
Gochujang Soy Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until fully combined.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.