Mandarin Orange Rice and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
"Rev Up Your Rice!" Recipe Contest Finalist- Patrice Hurd
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons bottled Thai sweet chili sauce
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 whole large lettuce leaves, bibb or iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- Combine reserved mandarin orange juice with enough water to equal 2 cups liquid. Bring juice mixture, 1 teaspoon oil and salt to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice; cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook according to package instructions. Stir mandarin oranges and sweet chili sauce into cooked rice.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and sauté just until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on large platter. Spoon rice mixture into center of each lettuce leaf. Top with carrots and shrimp.
- Calories 230
- Total Fat 4.5g
- Cholesterol 85mg
- Sodium 460mg
- Carbohydrates 33g
- Dietary Fiber 3g