Praline Pumpkin Rice Pudding
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner- Patricia Harmon
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk, divided
- 3 cups cooked short or medium grain white rice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅔ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Reserve 2 tablespoons evaporated milk; set aside for Praline Topping.
- In heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining evaporated milk, cooked rice, pumpkin, ½ cup brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stirring occasionally, cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until pudding begins to thicken. Pour into 2-quart serving dish or individual dessert dishes.
- Praline Topping: Melt butter in heavy skillet over low heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons evaporated milk and ¼ cup brown sugar; cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts to coat. Spoon pecan mixture over pudding. Serve at room temperature.
- Calories 290
- Total Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 18mg
- Sodium 140mg
- Carbohydrates 36g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 6g