Saigon Style Wild Rice & Salmon Fritters with Red Curry Mayonnaise
Award-winning recipe from the “Explore the Wild Rice” recipe contest.
Serving Size1 fritter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 shallots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 3 cups cooked wild rice blend
- 8 ounces cooked salmon, flaked
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs or crushed crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Combine the garlic, shallots, jalapeno, cilantro, 2 tablespoon fish sauce, egg and half of the cooked wild rice blend in the bowl of a food processor and process to form a coarse puree.
- Combine the remaining rice blend and the flaked salmon, then scrape in the flavor puree. Mix well, until mixture comes together into a cohesive batter. Roll into walnut-sized balls, then roll in panko crumbs to coat
- Heat oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees. Working in batches, fry the fritters until golden brown, turning frequently for even browning. Use a slotted spoon to remove them to a paper towel-lined plate
- Prepare the Red Curry Mayonnaise by whisking the mayonnaise, red curry paste, lime juice, 1 tablespoon fish sauce and brown sugar until smooth.
- Serve fritters topped with a dollop of red curry mayonnaise. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
- Calories 190
- Total Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 450mg
- Carbohydrates 11g
- Protein 6g