- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 cup lean ham, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn, partially thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen lima beans, partially thawed
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add bacon, ham, onion and sage. Cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes until onion is brown and bacon is crisp. Drain fat.
- Add corn and beans; cook, stirring, 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are thawed and tender. Add milk, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Just before serving, stir in rice, cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.