- 3 quarts chicken stock, unsalted
- 6 tablespoons lemongrass, crushed
- 6 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 6 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups sizzling rice*, sub recipe
- 6 tablespoons cilantro, fine dice, including stems
- 6 tablespoons scallions, ⅛ inch slice
- In large heavy-bottom pot; combine chicken stock, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to medium heat, and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until soup is fragrant.
- Just prior to service and using a fine-mesh fryer basket in a deep fryer set to 350°F, heat ½ of the rice for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Allow rice to drain thoroughly.
- To make 1 portion: Ladle 2 cups soup into a heated bowl. Add ½ cup sizzling rice, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and 1 tablespoon scallions.
Recipe NotesOptional: Add rice to soup tableside so that the guest can enjoy the sizzle.
Optional: Serve with lime, sliced raw jalapeño, bean sprouts, and cilantro sprigs.