Slow Cooker Korean Beef and Rice Bowls
This beef and rice recipe stars U.S.-grown short grain rice and is slightly sweet, slightly spicy, and incredibly easy to put together.
These slow-cooked Korean Beef & Rice Bowls come to us from our friend Cara of @streetsmarts.rd in partnership with USA Rice and TheFeedfeed.
Serving Size1 bowl
Prep Time10 min
Cook Time6 hours
- 3 cups short-grain white rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ cup low sodium beef broth
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup kimchi store bought or homemade
- gochujang or sriracha sauce optional
- Gather all ingredients except the uncooked rice and water. Place the beef chuck roast in the center of your slow cooker or crock pot
- Mix all ingredients together in a measuring cup or small bowl. Pour over the beef chuck roast, place the lid on the slow cooker, and seal. Cook on HIGH for six hours.
- When beef is finished cooking, remove the lid and transfer the roast to a large bowl. Use tongs and fork to shred the beef (it will be very tender). Use a ladle or large spoon to add some of the cooking liquid or "sauce" onto the beef. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Measure out the rice and measure the water for cooking using the marks on the inside of the rice cooker basin. Seal the lid, adjust settings if needed and cook during the last hour of the slow cooker timer. Once the rice is finished, hold on the WARM setting and fluff before serving.
- To build the Korean Beef and Rice Bowls, serve the white rice in bowls topped with the Slow Cooker Korean Beef, fresh kimchi, and garnishes of your choice.