Tangy Tomato and Lemon Risotto
IACP Take 5! Recipe Contest Winner - Lynn Nelson
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked U.S.-grown arborio or medium grain rice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon lemon juice + lemon zest
- Heat broth in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook until soft. Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup broth. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed. Continue stirring and adding remaining broth, 1 cup at a time, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another. Cook until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, lemon juice and lemon peel. Serve immediately.
- Calories 172
- Total Fat 4g
- Sodium 671mg
- Carbohydrates 30g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Protein 4g