- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups U.S. Arborio rice
- 5-6 cups gluten-free vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch sections
- 2 cups steamed peas
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- In a large pot, bring the vegetable broth or water to a boil. Once it is boiling, turn down the heat and keep it at a simmer.
- In a large sauté pan, warm the olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and shallots and cook for about 5 minutes or until they start to lightly brown.
- Then add the rice and stir well. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Ladle 1 cup of the liquid into the rice mixture and simmer, stirring occasionally until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat this step, adding 1 cup of liquid at a time until the rice is cooked through but still a tad firm, about 35-45 minutes.
- Steam asparagus until a bright green color, about 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Combine all pesto ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until blended smooth. Serve over risotto.
- Calories 210
- Total Fat 7g
- Sodium 920mg
- Carbohydrates 31g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Protein 5g