Balsamic Cherry Rice Salad with Toasted Walnuts
"Sizzlin' Summer Rice Salad Contest" 3rd Place Winner - Jasmin Baron
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread walnuts evenly on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 8 minutes, or until toasted and fragrant. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, toasted walnuts, cherries, parsley and green onion. Add balsamic vinaigrette and toss until rice is evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Calories 270
- Total Fat 10g
- Sodium 140mg
- Carbohydrates 39g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 4g