Bangkok Rice and Shrimp Salad
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Kimberly Stipe
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped (plus additional basil leaves for garnish)
- 3 cups cooked U.S. jasmine or medium grain rice
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, thawed
- ½ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Whisk milk, vinegar and oil together in a small bowl. Add salt and basil; set aside.
- Stir rice, shrimp and coconut milk mixture in medium bowl until blended. Spoon into serving bowl; sprinkle with peanuts and basil to garnish.
Recipe NotesIf available, Thai basil is especially good in this salad.
- Serving 1 cup
- Calories 300
- Total Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 148mg
- Sodium 353mg
- Carbohydrates 28g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Protein 21g