Breakfast Sausage Rice Burritos
This breakfast recipe will have you thinking rice right when you wake up and won't break the bank with all needed ingredients under $6 with per serving costs at $1.34.
Serving Size1 burrito
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided use
- 8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 cups cooked U.S.-grown brown or white rice
- ¾ cup picante sauce, divided use
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 large burrito soft or whole wheat tortilla
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage and cook until browned, breaking up larger pieces.
- Add the rice, ½ cup picante sauce, water and chili powder.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Removed from heat, cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Add eggs, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper; cook 1-2 minutes until cooked, stirring gently.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Top tortillas with equal amounts of the rice mixture, eggs, remaining picante sauce and cheese. Roll up.