Brown Rice Avocado Toast
- 1 ½ quarts brown rice, cooked (use 10% extra water to cook rice)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 each avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup radish, sliced
- ½ cup marinated mushrooms (see recipe below)
- ½ cup Farmer’s cheese, crumbled
- 4 teaspoons finished salt (Malden)
- ½ cup shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 quart Beech mushrooms, cleaned
- Marinated Mushrooms: Whisk together shallots, garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Gently fold marinate into cleaned mushrooms and let set for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before use.
- Fold brown rice with kosher salt.
- Lay 3/4” of rice mixture onto a sheet tray lined with plastic wrap.
- Cover rice with plastic wrap and place another equally sized sheet tray with around 2-3 pounds of added weight on top of it. Let press for 2-3 hours or until rice completely cools.
- Remove rice from refrigerator and uncover. Cut rice into 3”x4” rectangles.
- Pour vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and cook cut rice pieces until they’re golden brown on both sides.
- Finish each toast with ¼ avocado sliced, 1 tablespoon sliced radish, 2 tablespoons marinated mushrooms, 2 tablespoons crumbled farmers cheese, and 1 teaspoon of finishing salt.