Cheesy Rice Poblano Chilies
A perfect recipe for leftover rice, these Cheesy Rice Poblano Chilies are easy to make and will be a hit at any table!
Serving Size1 pepper + 1 ¼ cups rice
Prep Time12 min
Cook Time48 min
Total Time60 min
- 6 ounces Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 ½ tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided use
- 3 cups cooked U.S.-grown rice
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large poblano green chilies, tops sliced off & seeds removed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cheese, paprika, cumin and ¾ teaspoon of the salt in a large bowl. Remove ½ cup of the cheese mixture and set aside. To the remaining cheese mixture in the bowl, stir in the rice, onions, and oil.
- Spoon equal amounts into each pepper, pressing down with back of spoon. Place any remaining rice mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish in a thin layer. Top with the peppers (on their sides), coat peppers with cooking spray, cover and bake 45 minutes or until peppers are tender crisp.
- Sprinkle peppers with remaining cheese, tomatoes and salt, and bake 3 minutes or until cheese has just melted.
- Calories 410
- Total Fat 20g
- Saturated Fat 8g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 730mg
- Carbohydrates 45g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 15g