Sprouted Brown Rice & Tuna Stuffed Pepper Salad
Looking for something healthy and light, but doesn't skimp on flavor? We have got you covered with this delicious and easy to make Sprouted Brown Rice & Tuna Stuffed Pepper Salad.
This dish stars U.S.-grown sprouted brown rice and comes to us from our friend Anne Danahy of Craving Something Healthy.
Serving Size1 stuffed half pepper
Prep Time15 min
Cook Time30 min
Total Time45 min
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sprouted brown rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces tuna drained
- ½ cup chopped cucumbers peeled and seeded
- ½ cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons black or green Greek olives chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- ½ cup hummus
- 2 large sweet peppers
- Add the water, rice, and salt to a medium saucepan, and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and let the rice simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender and fluffy.
- When the rice is cooked, transfer it to a mixing bowl and let it cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. You can also cook the rice the day before if desired.
- When the rice is cooled, add the tuna, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, parsley, and hummus to the bowl of rice. Mix well to combine.
- Slice each pepper in half lengthwise, and remove the core and seeds.
- Stuff each half of the peppers with the rice and tuna filling. Serve immediately.
- Serving 1 stuffed half pepper
- Calories 211
- Total Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 584mg
- Carbohydrates 29g
- Dietary Fiber 5g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 14g