Serving Size½ cup ; ⅔ cup chili
- 4 pounds 8 ounces ground beef, raw, 85%
- 1 pound 12 ounces (4 cups) onion, yellow, diced
- ½ cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 pounds 10 ounces (3 quarts 2 cups) tomato sauce
- 4 pounds 12 ounces (1 gallon ½ cup) pinto beans, canned, drained, rinsed
- 7 pounds 13 ounces (1½ gallon 1 cup) brown rice, parboiled, cooked
- 1 pound 8 ounces (150 chips) tortilla chips, whole grain
- 13 ounces (1¾ cup) cheddar cheese, reduced fat, shredded
- Brown ground beef in a tilt skillet, steam jacketed kettle or a stockpot.
- Add onions, chili powder, black pepper, cumin and salt. Stir to combine and continue to cook until onions are translucent.
- Add tomato sauce and pinto beans. Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.*Critical Control Point: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Pour into serving pans.*Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135°F or higher.
- Portion ½ cup cooked rice into a serving bowl using a number 8 disher. Add ⅔ cup of beef and pinto chili using a number 6 disher. Place 3 tortilla chips on the side and top chili with 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese.
- Calories 298
- Total Fat 9.96g
- Saturated Fat 3.79g
- Cholesterol 21.41mg
- Sodium 418.08mg
- Carbohydrates 38.95g
- Dietary Fiber 5.52g
- Protein 12.95g