Cranberry Pecan Rice Pilaf
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Debbie Darke
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecans, toasted* and chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and heat to boiling; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, cranberries, pecans and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Notes*To toast pecans, spread nuts on small baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Calories 314
- Total Fat 15g
- Cholesterol 21mg
- Sodium 577 mg
- Carbohydrates 35g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 9g