This classic meatloaf dish featuring U.S.-grown long grain rice will be a hit with everyone at the table!
Total Time1 hr
- 24 ounces tomato sauce, divided
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 6 pound lean ground beef
- 6 cups cooked us white long grain rice
- 6 cups green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1½ tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine ⅓ cup of the tomato sauce with the ketchup in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until just blended. Do not overmix.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with heavy duty foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Place 3 mounds of beef mixture on each sheet pan and shape each mound into a loaf (about 8 x4 x 11/2 inches)*. Bake 25 minutes, alternate oven racks and rotate baking sheets. Bake 22-25 minutes or internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove meatloaves from oven, brush the ketchup mixture evenly over top and sides of each loaf and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yields six loaves.
Recipe NotesTo make sure the loaves are uniform in size, place equal amounts of meat mixture in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Press down gently to take the shape of the loaf pan, invert onto the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining meat mixture until 6 loaves are created. Shape each loaf to measure about 8 x 4 x 11/2 inches.
- Serving 255g
- Calories 270
- Total Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Sodium 760mg
- Carbohydrates 18g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 27g