Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup
This both hearty and healthy recipe features California-grown Wild Rice and is perfect for your instant pot! This recipe comes to us from our friend Erin @thealmondeater in partnership with USA Rice and the Feedfeed.
Prep Time10 min
Cook Time20 min
Total Time30 min
- 2 cups Wild Rice
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- 64 ounces vegetable broth, divided
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté, then add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, red pepper, salt, and pepper and sauté with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add rice and 32 ounces vegetable broth and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, cook the mushrooms: heat olive oil in a large skillet, then add the mushrooms and thyme and sauté until the mushrooms are crispy, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps, pressure release it and carefully open the lid. Stir in the milk, cheese, the rest of the broth, and HALF of the mushrooms.
- Divide soup into bowls, then top them with the remaining mushrooms. Enjoy!
Recipe NotesMushrooms- Any variety will work. Shiitake and Cremini are suggested.
Milk- Any type is applicable.