Layered Rice Pesto and Pepper Bake
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Grand Prize Winner - Manika Misra
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 ¾ cups Parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- nonstick vegetable spray
- ½ cup prepared basil pesto sauce; divided
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled, divided
- 10 ounces roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 7-inch diameter soufflé dish or spring form pan with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Combine rice, 1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place ½ of rice mixture in bottom of prepared dish; pat down well. Spread ½ of pesto evenly over rice and sprinkle with ½ of goat cheese. Layer ½ of red peppers over goat cheese. Repeat above layers.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese over top. Bake 12 to 15 minutes in preheated oven. Cut into wedges to serve.
- Calories 433
- Total Fat 25g
- Cholesterol 52mg
- Sodium 865mg
- Carbohydrates 29g
- Protein 21g