Maple-Glazed Chicken with Cranberry Arugula Rice
"Rev Up Your Rice!" Recipe Contest Grand Prize & "Best Whole Grain Rice" Recipe- Teresa Ralston
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups grilled chicken breast, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby arugula (about 5-6 cups)
- ½ cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in maple syrup and cranberries; cook 1 minute.
- Add cooked chicken, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute or until hot; remove chicken using slotted spoon.
- Add rice and toss to coat; remove from heat. Toss in arugula; spoon rice mixture onto platter. Top with chicken and cheese. Serve immediately.
- Calories 520
- Total Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 95mg
- Sodium 610mg
- Carbohydrates 63g
- Dietary Fiber 5g
- Protein 29g