Mini Sushi Bundt Cakes
These mini sushi bundts are as fun to make as they are to eat! Plus they are a great way to use up leftover sushi rice and enjoy a restaurant quality meal at home.
This recipe comes to us from our friend Kim of @prettydeliciouslife in partnership with USA Rice and thefeedfeed.
Serving Size1 bundt
Prep Time20 min
- 1 pound sushi grade salmon or tuna (can use cooked if prefered), chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon spicy mayo
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice (use leftover for best results)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (each) of black and white sesame seeds
- 2-3 mini cucumbers, sliced `
- avocado and jalapeño, for serving
- Combine fish with sesame oil, soy sauce, sriracha and spicy mayo in a large bowl. Stir to completely coat the sushi in the sauces, then fold in scallions. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add cooked sushi rice, rice wine vinegar and sesame seeds stirring to combine until sesame seeds are fully incorporated.
- Grease a 6-cup mini bundt tin with pan spray, then gently press about half of the sushi rice mixture down into each mini bundt.
- Next layer in sliced cucumber, then top with the salmon mixture until about ¾ of the way full.
- Top with the remaining sushi rice, pressing down gently but firmly to set.
- Cover the pan in parchment paper, then place a large cutting board or baking sheet on top. Carefully flip the cutting board and bundt pan so the mini bundts are right side up then gently lift the bundt pan.
- Top with additional sriracha and serve with avocado and jalapeño slices if desired.